Spanish artisan, designer and architect based in Italy. I work on the application of craftsmanship in objects and spaces design with a contemporary approach.
Graduated in Architecture at the Polytechnic University of Valencia and trained in Fashion Design in the same city, in 2013 I open my own fashion studio specializing in tailored garments. Two years later, I moved to Milan, where I will live other experiences as a designer and where I will resume contact with ceramics.
From my studies in Architecture, Fashion Design, Tailoring and Ceramics was born this project that brings together all these disciplines and allow me to develop projects with a global vision.
Influenced by the Mediterranean traditions and culture of my hometown – Valencia – my work revolves around ceramics and textiles. Each creation is the result of experimentation with natural materials, attention to detail and craftsmanship techniques. They are the result of the union between design and craftsmanship and emphasize the beauty of handmade things and their imperfections.
After two years of work, my project begins to develop and in 2019 I open my physical studio in Asola (Mantua), where I make all my products by hand in the most responsible way possible. I love to share my passion for craftsmanship, so in this space I teach everything I’ve learned over the years and since 2020 I’ve been working as a teacher in the Foppa Group (Brescia).
Photo credits: Elio Rosato
Video: Luca Stocchero
- 2023 -Bipersonal exhibition: ‘Fabrik’, CLC Arte, Valencia, (SP).
- 2023 – Milano Design Week. Project ‘démodé’ in partnership with Kick Office & Pescetta. Milano (IT)
- 2022 – Collective exhibition: ‘[C] Italian Studio Ceramics’, Esh Gallery, Milano.
- 2021 – Collective exhibition: ‘ARTbeatART’ . Mantova Creative Lab, Mantova (IT)
- 2021 – Collective exhibition: ‘Artigianato e palazzo’. Florence (IT)
- 2021 – Milano Design Week. Exhibited in Alpha District in partnership with Monomio. Milano (IT)
- 2020 – Staiy Atelier Virtual Fair ‘Art and sustainability in dialoghe’. www.artsteps.com
- 2020 – Edit Napoli 2020 Design fair. Napoli (IT)
- 2019 – Solo exhibition: ‘From craft to contemporary design’. Asola (IT)
- 2014 – Collective exhibition: ‘Ciutat Vella Oberta’. ANDE Comunidad Valenciana, Valencia (SP)
Activity and Competitions
- 2022 – Residency ‘Fare arte: patrimonio e pratiche in dialogo’ with Stefano Arienti e Lino Reduzzi, Fondazione Palazzo Te, Mantova.
- 2022 -Included in ‘Homo Faber Guide’ (the Michelin Guide of Crafts), Michelangelo Foundation.
- 2021 – Charity auction with the artwork ‘Plecs’n.06, at Mantova Creative Lab, Mantova (IT)
- 2021 – Selected young artisan ‘Blogs & Crafts Europe’ at ‘Artigianato e palazzo’. Florence (IT)
- 2019 – Special Mention Award – EUROPAN 15 Productive cities OLIVA – “Look back, move forward”
- 2015 – Finalist in the ’Arts of Fashion Competition’, San Francisco.
- 2014 – Award ‘Best young fashion designer of Comunidad Valenciana: most innovative collection’, ANDE Comunidad Valenciana.
- 2013 – Catwalk in Valencia Fashion Week: zone D.
- 2013 – Finalist ‘The Fashion Contest Award 2013’, CNA Federmoda, RMI & ACTE European Textile Collectivities Association, Riccione.
- 2012 – ‘Joaquim Mercader-Bdn Moda Award: commercial viability category’, Badalona.